Session Days/Times: See Calendar
Session Length: 90 min. Number of Sessions: 4
This program is geared toward safe riding skills, proper track etiquette, and group riding awareness. The curriculum is focused on the three basics of track cycling – COMMUNICATION, AWARENESS, and PREDICTABILITY. Graduates of this class will gain certification to participate in open and structured programming at Boulder Valley Velodrome. USA Cycling licensed riders can be upgraded after completion of this course. You do not need any prior velodrome or fixed gear experience to participate. The use of Specialized track bikes, Pearl-Izumi shoes and world-class coaching is provided.
Here are a few steps to take to help ensure a great time
- Check the calendar and pick a date.
- Sign our online waiver. Look for the pop-up at the bottom of the page when you go to our website.
- Please arrive 15-30 minutes early to get sized up for shoes and a track bike.
- A full cycling kit, (at least shorts), also bring a long sleeve jersey or jacket for our unpredictable weather.
- Include sunscreen and sunglasses, helmet, gloves, water bottle and something to nibble on.
We Look forward to seeing you at the track.
Once certified you will be able to ride the track as much as you’d like!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Pat McDonough – Track Director
Pat@bouldervalleyvelodrome.com / (719) 466-9109
If you have a USAC license with a track category of 2 or higher, please contact us about accelerated certification options.
Email us at BVVelo@gmail.com with questions or to request a gift certificate PDF.