What’s it like to ride a velodrome? Try it!
We welcome everyone—from fixed gear first-timers to seasoned cyclists—to sign up for one of our track tasters. These sessions include a group introduction to track cycling and a chance to sample some laps at Boulder Valley Velodrome.
Riders are divided into small groups based on comfort- and ability-levels. We will take you from getting a feel for the bikes on the infield to spinning laps on the boards. Your experience is up to you—some prefer to stay low on the track, while others may want to take it all the way to the rail before the session ends.
The goal? Fun.
Taster session cost and requirements
This $30 session includes instruction from experienced coaches and BVV staff, as well as use of our Specialized Langster track bikes and Pearl Izumi cycling shoes.
You will need to bring and wear the following:
- A CPSC-approved cycling helmet
- Cycling clothes or other tight-fitting athletic clothing that will not get caught on your bike
- Socks (required with use of rental shoes)
- A signed, initialed and completed Boulder Valley Velodrome Rider Waiver
- Cycling gloves or other gloves to protect your hands
- Any nutrition you would like to have on hand
- Extra layers
Participants must be 11 years of age or older and fit on our smallest track bike.
How to sign up
Taster sessions will be available on specific dates and times once the track is open for the season. We are finalizing our 2017 programming at this time. Please look for an announcement early this spring.